To our Cellar Door community:
We have temporarily closed our store in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to maintain the most effective "physical distancing + social solidarity. The combination of these efforts engenders both a specific public health practice and a reminder that we are in this together; especially for those vulnerable populations that are at the greatest threat of both health and economic injustice." (Thank you Dr. Moazzum Bajwa for the wording and beautiful, clear statement!)
Most importantly, I want to thank you for your incredible outpouring of support and concern for Cellar Door at this time. Ordering books on our website will help us, so please place your orders online. We will ship orders through our website and we'll process them in the most effective, safe way possible. We will not allow any curbside pickup nor in-store pickup until we are told it's safe to do so. Please understand we're all trying to do whatever we can to stop this pandemic.
If you have questions or would like suggestions for what to order online, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We will still be checking our emails on a regular basis. You can also find us on our social channels to keep updated. Book clubs will continue online.
Keep an eye on our social media for:
- Great spring releases you will want to pre-order
- Kids and adult suggestions by our booksellers
- Book club meetings online (via Zoom)
- Author events online
- Online Kids Book Club discussions (in addition to our regular kids' book clubs) more often than once a month. This way we can delve a bit more deeply and keep those guys in contact with other book-loving kids. I'm considering one on the Unicorn Rescue Society series and I'd love to see one for teens on Stamped by Jason Reynolds & Ibram X. Kendi.
We're all in this together. Please stay safe!
- Linda Sherman-Nurick, owner
Please note: our web database does not reflect books we carry in-store. To check if a book is currently in stock, give us a call at (951) 787-7807.