PPI ARE 5.0 Practice Questions All Six Divisions, 2nd Edition – Comprehensive Practice for the NCARB 5.0 Exam (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
A must-have book in preparation for each of the six divisions of ARE 5.0
ARE 5.0 Practice Questions, PPI’s best-selling ARE practice book, prepares you for each of the six divisions of the exam with a variety of practice questions and case studies. This new edition builds on the previous edition with new questions and updates to cover content feedback received from NCARB for the ARE 5.0 Exam Review. The questions that were found to be appropriate during the review were kept in the new edition.
- Over 550 challenging practice questions for each subtopic that break down the information in the six exam divisions, allowing you to focus on specific areas
- 2 case studies at the end of each division designed to test your ability to examine and use multiple pieces of information to make decisions about scenarios that could be encountered in the practice of architecture
- Clearly written solutions that are thorough and easy to follow, with units that are meticulously identified and carried through in all calculations to support theory and application of key concepts
- Questions include alternative item types including multiple choice, case study, check-all-that-apply, quantitative-fill-in-the-blank, drag-and-place, and hotspot to familiarize you with the types of questions you’ll encounter in the exam
- Pages tabbed in six different colors, one for each division, for easy lookup of a particular exam division
- Chapters correspond to David Ballast’s ARE 5.0 Exam Review so you can read a chapter of ARE 5.0 Exam Review and then practice from the same chapter of ARE 5.0 Practice Questions
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: PPI, a Kaplan Company
All Six ARE 5.0 Exam Divisions Covered
- Practice Management, 78 questions, 2 case studies
- Project Management, 61 questions, 2 case studies
- Programming & Analysis, 99 questions, 2 case studies
- Project Planning & Design, 138 questions, 2 case studies
- Project Development & Documentation, 117 questions, 2 case studies
- Construction & Evaluation, 71 questions, 2 case studies
Looking for updates to this book? PPI’s website has an up-to-date list of all corrections and updates to our books.
About the Author
David Kent Ballast, FAIA, CSI, NCIDQ Certification No. 9425, is the owner of Architectural Research Consulting, a firm offering information and management services to architects, interior designers, and the construction industry. Mr. Ballast taught interior construction and other courses for twenty years at Arapahoe Community College. A licensed architect in Colorado and an NCIDQ certificate holder, Mr. Ballast has authored many books published by PPI on design topics and ARE review.
Holly Williams Leppo, AIA is an NCARB-certified registered architect, a certified interior designer, and a LEED Accredited Professional. She holds a bachelor of arts degree in integrative arts from The Pennsylvania State University and a master of architecture degree from Washington University in St. Louis.
Rima Taher, Ph.D, P.E., is a Senior University Lecturer at the Hillier College of Architecture & Design, at NJIT, and is a part-time instructor in the graduate program at the NJIT-Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering. She is a licensed professional engineer in New Jersey and practices as a civil/structural engineer with her own consulting firm “Taher Engineering LLC”. Dr. Taher has a bachelor of civil engineering from INSA de Lyon, Lyon, France. She has a master’s degree and a doctorate in civil engineering/building technology from École Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, in Paris, France. Dr. Taher participated in some building technology research in the field of building design for high winds and hurricanes, and she has several published articles in this field as well as a book, Building Design for Wind Forces. Dr. Taher is currently serving as the President of the ASCE/SEI (Structural Engineering Institute) Chapter of North Jersey.