Indie Bookstore Day: the day indie booksellers and indie bookstore customers get to indulge our passion! What does Indie Bookstore Day 2021 look like? Honestly, I have no idea. We’re limping toward, hopefully, the light at the end of a very long tunnel. I hope you are getting your vaccinations, and those of you with concerns about that, I hope you are reading, talking to, and researching the best possible minds on the subject.
But we are going to err on the side of caution. My staff has weathered this pandemic by my side and none of us will have had the second vaccination plus the two weeks after by Indie Bookstore Day, so I’m definitely not going to put them or my wonderful Cellar Door community at risk by opening up to a large crowd. So we’re going to stay open, but we're sticking to limiting in-store browsing to fifteen minutes, mask properly worn, hand-sanitizer, and children without masks in arms or strollers. Doors will be kept locked in between visitors to help with capacity. If you’re outside waiting to come in, please honor the social distancing rules, and while you’re walking around the center, if you see one of the lovely sanitation people, be sure to thank them for their courage and resilience during these times.
We do have some fun Indie Bookstore Day only items that will be on sale starting that day, so please come in and have a look! Plus, don't miss the lineup of virtual author events for Indie Bookstore Day:
- Monday, April 19 at 7pm ET/4pm PT: It's Funny 'Cause It's True: Women Humor Writers Tell All with Rachel Bloom, Amber Ruffin & Lacey Lamar, and Sloane Crosley. Moderated by Late Night with Seth Meyers writer Karen Chee! [JOIN HERE]
- Monday, April 19 at 8pm ET/5pm PT: A conversation with Kawai Strong Washburn [JOIN HERE]
- Wednesday, April 21 at 4pm ET/1pm PT: Twitter Party!
- Thursday, April 22 at 7:30pm ET/4:30pm PT: IBD Author Ambassador Glennon Doyle in conversation with Alexandra Elle [REGISTER HERE]
- Friday, April 23 at 7pm ET/4pm PT: Solving Mysteries & Fighting Injustice with YA Authors Angeline Boulley, Sara Faring, Tiffany D. Jackson, and Kim Johnson [JOIN HERE]
- Saturday, April 24 at 1pm ET/10am PT: Drawing with Estelí Meza, illustrator of Peace. [JOIN HERE]
- Saturday, April 24 at 3pm ET/12pm PT: Beyond Fabio: The Modern Romance with Talia Hibbert, Thien-Kim Lam, Georgia Clark, and Paul Rudnick [JOIN HERE]